Château LauriolThe Family Crus
The name of Lauriol comes from a property which belongs to Château Puygueraud in the commune of Saint-Cibard. The Thienpont family started to replant Lauriol in a way to create an estate by itself. Château Lauriol also produces a delicious white wine from a 5 hectares parcel of vines.
- AOC: Francs – Côtes de Bordeaux
- Surface: 20 hectares red, 5 hectares white
- Terroir: Clay-limestone mix
- Grape varieties: 100% Merlot for red, and 55% Sauvignon Blanc, 45% Sauvignon Gris, for white
- Maturation: Stainless steel vats , 6 months in oak barrels for red wine, 6 months in stainless steel vats for white wine